Qt-creator : Recommanded way to create a window to integrate an mdiarea [Solved]

• I get one project A with, for the time being one form.
    In this form is defined an mdiarea.
    I now want to design the widgets that the mdiarea will host.

How should I proceed : Add New > Qt > Qt Designer Form Class ? Qt Designer Form ?

Being said that, if possible, I'd like to make so these "sub" widgets can be launched "on their own" (as main windows) of other standalone applications, should I even prefer creating a new independent project for each one of these "sub"widgets?

I apologize for not using the exact terminology. I am completely new to qt.

• You can create widgets at your own like "Qt Designer Form Class" and then add to a QMdiArea. The way to do this should be:

subWindowWidget = ui.mdiArea->addSubWindow(treeView,Qt::Widget);
    subWindowWidget->show();

In this methods, "treeView" is a personalized QTreeView with a performed .ui, .cpp and .h.

• [quote author="francescmm" date="1360145954"]You can create widgets at your own like "Qt Designer Form Class" and then add to a QMdiArea. The way to do this should be:

subWindowWidget->show();

In this methods, "treeView" is a personalized QTreeView with a performed .ui, .cpp and .h.

[/quote]

if you want to execute each widget separately then it could be more work required for developing your required app.

• It is no true. If you want to execute each QWidget independently you only have to do widget.show() importing the .cpp and .h to the project you want.

The best way to insert widgets to a QMdiArea is creating a class member with a list of QMdiSubWindow pointers to each window.

If you need more information I can post my code.

• [quote author="francescmm" date="1360145954"]You can create widgets at your own like "Qt Designer Form Class" and then add to a QMdiArea. The way to do this should be:

subWindowWidget->show();

[/quote]
    This was helpful! Thank you, francescmm for your contribution.
    [quote]if you want to execute each widget separately then it could be more work required for developing your required app.[/quote]
    Well... I appreciate this... however, as my first goal is to learn... I am already ready to add (even uselessly) unneeded extra work.
    [quote author="francescmm" date="1360145954"]If you need more information I can post my code.[/quote]
    That is very kind from you. I am much tempted to answer "Oh yes please!" but reason commands me to first try to figure this out by myself from the help you provided in your first post.

I wont resist anyway in the unfortunate (but highly probable) case I just fail.

• I recommend you that if your problem/dubt has been solved, type "(solved)" in the title of the topic.

• OK, I managed to sort this out.
    I had a compilation error with the line :
    @subWindowWidget->show();@
    Complaining that the subWindowWidget's structure was only partial or something like that anyway, so I amended your code the following way :
    @Ps_Detview *ps_detview = new Ps_Detview;
    ui->Pctrl_Mda->addSubWindow(ps_detview);
    ps_detview->show();@
    I cannot tell if this is formally correct but... it builds and... work !

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.