anim->setvalues(...) //bla bla not important
    anim->start();
    QTimer timer;
    timer.start(5000);
    bla->setDisabled(true);
    while(timer.isActive()) {}
    buzzButton->setEnabled(true);
    @

this is a basic snippet from my actual code... But I am pretty sure that it is from the timer. Because if I don't add it it goes perfectly.
    Thank you in advance

Qt 4.8.4. MSVC2008 (Windows 7 x86)

• Why are you introducing a busy waiting loop then?
    Instead, just connect the timeout signal of the timer to the setEnabled slot of the buzzButton

• I guess not timer locks your app
    change code it like this:
    @while(timer.isActive())
    {
    qApp->processEvents(QEventLoop::ExcludeUserInputEvents);
    }
    @

• [quote author="Andre" date="1359620982"]Instead, just connect the timeout signal of the timer to the setEnabled slot of the buzzButton[/quote]
    It depends from goals. If b1gsnak3 need a function which should return some value after finishing his work then busy waiting loop is applicable, but for other ways ofcourse timeout timer is more prefered.

• [quote author="qxoz" date="1359621458"]If b1gsnak3 need a function which should return some value after finishing his work then busy waiting loop is applicable, but for other ways ofcourse timeout timer is more prefered.
    [/quote]

In my opinion, busy looping in a GUI thread is (almost) never acceptable. I don't think promoting it is a good idea.

• I am agree with you, but, what alternative can be used in function like this?:
    @QString getRemoteId(QString login, QString pass);@
    function should connect with server via tcp and return result to main programm.

• You'd replace it by an asynchronous call. Especially since the above may fail in all kinds of ways. Look to [[doc:QNetworkAccessManager]] for one possible implementation, and to [[doc:QFuture]] for another one.

• Thanks Andre :)

• Thank you I solved using the timeout signal.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.