@
    MyClass.h
    private:
    QDir m_iconsResourcePath;

QFile m_codesFile;

@

@
    MyClass.cpp

MyClass::MyClass(QStandardItemModel *model)
    :m_languagesModel(model)
    ,m_iconsResourcePath(":/Icons/languages")
    ,m_codesFile(":/Codes/codes.txt")
    @

The QDir is not initialized but the QFile is. The QResource paths and prefixes are double-checked so they point to the right places. Initializing the QDir with an absolute file system path works fine too.

Any ideas what am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Edit: Clarified the title a little :-)

• Moderators

Seems indeed strange. Try passing "qrc:/Icons/languages"), or construct the path with QUrl.

Is this in Qt4 or Qt5?

• Thanks for your reply sierdzio.

I found the problem, although I don't understand why is happening. The weirdness with the path occurs when I try to use the resources in a separate library that I link statically in the main app. If I move the resources from the library's .pro file to the main app's .pro file, then the constructor in the library works fine... I would still prefer to use these resources in the separate library though.

This is Qt5 on OS X and Linux.

• Did you read "Using Resources in the Application":http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-5.0/qtcore/resources.html#using-resources-in-the-application and try?

From doc:
    @
    /*
    If you have resources in a static library, you might need to force initialization of your resources by calling Q_INIT_RESOURCE() with the base name of the .qrc file. For example:
    */

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
    {
    QApplication app(argc, argv);
    Q_INIT_RESOURCE(graphlib);
    return app.exec();
    }
    @
    Maybe this help.

• Apparently I missed that part in the doc... It works fine now.

Thank you Hostel.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.