[SOLVED] Superimpose Qwidget background on QMainWindow background

• I have a mainwindow with a Qwidget as the central widget, which in turn consists of serveral widgets. Both the mainwindow and the central widget have a a background image but I'm not able to superimpose the central widget background on the mainwindow background. The central widget background image is translucent so I should be able to see the foggy background image of the mainwindow. The code I'm using now in the mainwindow is

@
    QPalette p = palette();
    QPixmap pixmap1("background.jpg");

QDesktopWidget* desktopWidget = QApplication::desktop();
        QRect rect = desktopWidget->availableGeometry();

QSize size(rect.width() , rect.height());
        QPixmap pixmap(pixmap1.scaled(size));
        p.setBrush(QPalette::Background,  pixmap);
        setPalette(p); 

@

@
    CentralWidget *cw = new CentralWidget();
    cw->setStyleSheet("background-image: url(bckng.png);");
    @

Even if I try to set only the central widget background, the image appears as a background for the widgets inside the central widget and not the central widget as a whole.
    I know I have not framed the question very well, but if you are able to understand it, please do help me.
    Thanks.

• Can you attach an image of the result that you are getting, it will be of help.

• Umm, please don't laugh at me. How do I attach a local file from my computer?

• Instead of a central widget, I used a QLabel, assigned the layouts to it and set the stylesheet. And it worked!

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.