Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

Win7 : Error c1083: Cannot open include file: QApplication: no such file or directory

• Hi , i have this problem on Windows:

Installed MSVs 2010 ultimate
    Qt 5

When creating an Empty Qt Project, add new c++ source and just put #include <QApplication>
    i get the error.

Qt Projects show:

INCLUDE=C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\INCLUDE;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\ATLMFC\INCLUDE;c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\include;C:\Qt\Qt5.0.0\5.0.0\msvc2010\include
    LIB=C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\LIB;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\ATLMFC\LIB;c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\lib;C:\Qt\Qt5.0.0\5.0.0\msvc2010\lib

INCLUDE=C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\INCLUDE;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\ATLMFC\INCLUDE;c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\include;C:\Qt\Qt5.0.0\5.0.0\msvc2010\include
    LIB=C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\LIB;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\ATLMFC\LIB;c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\lib;C:\Qt\Qt5.0.0\5.0.0\msvc2010\lib

any idea what is going wrong ?

• Moderators

In your .pro file:
    @
    QT += core gui widgets
    @

And it should work. If not, then add this include:
    @
    #include <QtWidgets/QApplication>
    @

• Hi THX for the reply, but it didn't helped.

I'm new with Qt and folled Youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gk3zh5lA4ww

Got it worked this way:

Instaed of create an Empty Qt Project; create a Qt Gui App
    and delete the Form etc....now it works.

THX

• With an empty Qt Project, you could have right clicked on the solution and edited the qt project settings by adding the Qt Gui library that way.

• Also, you can simply right click on the project/solution name (in the TreeView) and click in "Run qmake", after doing it, rebuild or run the project.