Make QtDN more social.

• Hi, folks. I thought, we communicate in this place every day, but almost don't know about each other.
    Let's will tell more about self.

About your family, work (if it is not top secret, of course ;) ) and hobbies.

What's about me:

I born and live in small Russian town (about 250 000 inhabitants).
    I am 24 years.
    I have wife and small son (10 months).
    My best friend and colleague is "Denis":http://developer.qt.nokia.com/member/222 :)
    Now, I work in software development company and develop cross-platform mobile application.

I like all that is connected with computer science, like Linux :) and Open Source.

I speak on English badly, but I try get more practice. And it one of reason, why I'm here. :)

My sweet dream - move to Europe: to Germany or Finland or... Norway.

• +1 nice initiative. may be we should have a section in forum where interested members can introduce themselves.

• Yep, a nice initiative indeed, here at The Lounge we can do that, or maybe a good name for a section/topic like this is: Hello World ;)

• btw we can have all this information added in our profile page too. It would be much better.

• It's relative to what one is comparing with :)

• I think that adding that stuff to the profile is the more convenient place. If someone starts liking your posts, or wants to know about you for whatever reason, he/she can easily click your name, and here is the info about you.

In other forums though, is customary to write first a "hi!" in a specific subforum called salutations.

I think I've even seen this on IRC, because sometimes join and depart so often, that the channel is flooded with "hi" and "brb". :-)

• The loudge is not the correct place to tell about the presentation?

[quote author="disperso" date="1292204105"]I think that adding that stuff to the profile is the more convenient place. If someone starts liking your posts, or wants to know about you for whatever reason, he/she can easily click your name, and here is the info about you.

In other forums though, is customary to write first a "hi!" in a specific subforum called salutations.

I think I've even seen this on IRC, because sometimes join and depart so often, that the channel is flooded with "hi" and "brb". :-)[/quote]

• Smar, for Finland (and other Europe countries) it is not so small town, but for Russia it is small town :) Also I can say that our town is located near Moscow, but I think that distance between our town and Moscow (approx 300km) will be not so small for you :)

• That's correct. 300 km is far here in Germany. And 250' is big :-))
    I live in a small village, with about 400 people near Nuernberg which means 20 km :-))

But regarding the idea, that's really good. But it should go to the profile I think. Then everyone knows, how to find that info and where. And a "say hello" forum would also be nice for self introduction.

definitely a +1 from me.

• hehe, my town have 190.000 people :)

• It is good idea, make the community bit more connected. Agreeing with others, I beleive the profile page is good for this purpose, I used the Bio box on my profile page to share some additional information regarding myself.

• Well yeah, but this is always funny, how people are accustomed to so different counts :)

• Great idea! A general introduction for those who feel like sharing something about themselves would be nice in a Lounge thread. Vass made a nice start. :)

And now, please excuse me, I have to check all your profiles...

• [quote author="Vass" date="1292199746"]
    My sweet dream - move to Europe: to Germany or Finland or... Norway.[/quote]

Definitely Vass missed out on this ...
    and have a TROLL badge below my avatar :P

• chetankjain Yes! It's so obvious.

• I live in Bangalore and last official count of population (like a year ago) was 8,000,000+ :(

I like Vass' idea, will update my profile

• chetankjain, Good! -BTW you first after me, who told about himself, though topic started 3 days ago.-
    I found "Gerolf":http://developer.qt.nokia.com/member/38 profile.

• Yes, I also updated today :-))
    Let's see whether other also follow...

• Follow the user, i update profile :)

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.