[SOLVED] QList question

• I'm trying to make a multi-dimensional vector and I am with out a doubt.

@QList<QString<QString>> CurrPerson;@

I have a loop and within that loop variable data such as:

id, name, city, state, country

I can show the console using the QDebug, but can not create a multi-dimensional vector based on the "id".

example:

id = {name, city, state, country}

1 = {beowulf, my city, my state, my country}
    2 = {youtube, my city, my state, my country}

And then take the data from this vector by id.

qDebug () << myvector.id[1]; <- example.

• To create a 2 dimension list of strings you need a QList that contains QList's of QString's so the correct syntax will be: QList<QList<QString> > (for old compilers notice the space between > > )

Anyway from the second part i understand that you might want a struct with: name, city, state, etc members and an associative container like QMap<int, yourStructName> //where int is the id you talk about.

• [quote author="Zlatomir" date="1357906659"]To create a 2 dimension list of strings you need a QList that contains QList's of QString's so the correct syntax will be: QList<QList<QString> > (for old compilers notice the space between > > )

Anyway from the second part i understand that you might want a struct with: name, city, state, etc members and an associative container like QMap<int, yourStructName> //where int is the id you talk about.[/quote]

I did not understand your answer.

My question is one, there is no second part.

The real question is how to create a multidimensional vector, like this:

@myvector {
    1 = {beowulf, my city, my state, my country}
    2 = {youtube, my city, my state, my country}
    }@

• Moderators

There is discussion (development ML) about including QNDArray in a later Qt5 version.

Zlatomir suggested to create a struct and use it in your container. So:
    @
    struct MyData {
    QString beowulf;
    QString mycity;
    // ... and so on
    }

// in code:
    QList<MyData>();
    @

• The part from id in your first post looked like "second part" to me (as i said i think is a good idea to create a struct/class and use that in a container)

Anyway if the two dimension list of strings is what you need, that answer is already in my first post: you need QList<QList<QString> >

• Solved. THANKS!

@QList< QList<QString> > allList;@

Loop:

@QList<QString> currLoop;

currLoop.append(id);

currLoop.append(name);

allList.append(currLoop);@

@void MainWindow::MyTreeWidgetSelected(QTreeWidgetItem *item, int index)
    {

qDebug() << allList.at(ui->MyTreeWidget->indexOfTopLevelItem(item));

}@

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.