[solved] Qt 5.0 MySQL driver compile and find, but not load

• I'm trying to use the Qt 5.0 MySQL driver with Visual Studio 10.0 compiler, but some strange behaviour happens when I load it. Adding a MySQL database with the code:

@
    QSqlDatabase db = QSqlDatabase::addDatabase("QMYSQL");
    @

I receive the warning below. It's the same generated with QMYSQL3.

@
    QSqlDatabase: QMYSQL driver not loaded
    QSqlDatabase: available drivers: QSQLITE QMYSQL QMYSQL3
    @

Apparently Qt's plugin system correct find it, but for some reason can't load.

The plugin was build in accordance with the sql-driver.html doc as follow at Windows 32 and 64 bit using MySQL 5.5.29 (32 bit).

@
    cd C:\Qt\5.0.0\5.0.0\Src\qtbase\src\plugins\sqldrivers\mysql
    qmake "INCLUDEPATH+=C:/MySQL/include" "LIBS+=C:/MySQL/lib/libmysql.lib" mysql.pro
    nmake
    nmake install
    @

Has anybody encontered the same problem?

• Where do you put qsqlmysql4.dll and libmysql.dll ?

• Hi,

MySQL was installed in

@C:\MySQL@

The plugin is created successfully and Qt finds.

Update: I found a guy with the same "issue":http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14207088/qt-5-odbc-driver-issue in ODBC driver.

• Ok maybe you misunderstand my question :-) So you need to have libmysql.dll in application folder path ( or in environment path ) and qsqlmysql4.dll must be in sqldrivers subfolder of application path.

• Very basic failure. I forgot to copy libmysql.dll in application folder.

Thanks for replay :)

• hi all,

which is this "environment path" or "application folder"

where should i copy this file?
    thanks

• i have the mingw compiler installed

• i think i found it; it's the "bin" folder from mingw path.
    all the best

• how is libmysql.dll called in linux?
    I have the same problem now. Native mysql driver not compatible with my mysql so I recompile and cp it to plugins/sqldrivers folder, application folder. application cannot load it but see it in drivers list.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.