32-bit MS Access and 64-bit Qt ODBC driver

• I have two versions of qt installed on my computer; one is 32-bit and the other is 64-bit. And use MSVC2010 as compiler.
    At first, I created a project/app in 32-bit to connect to MS Access, which is also 32-bit. Everything worked fine until I changed the program to be built with Qt 64-bit libraries. My program cannot connect to MS Access anymore. It said "Cannot open the database".

After reading through several discussions, it seems to be a conflict between my ODBC driver which is 64-bit and MS Access which is 32-bit. But I still could not find a solution. Does anyone have the same problem or know any ways to work around this problem?? I really need to use both 64-bit qt libraries with 32-bit MS Access.

My connection string is @Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb, *.accdb)};DSN='';DBQ=.\xxxx.accdb@

• You need to verify in both ODBC 32bits and ODBC 64bits, if MSAccess Driver is available.

Run:

C:\Windows\System32\odbcad32.exe (64bits)
    C:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe (32bits)

• Hi TioRoy. Thanks for the reply.

There is "MS Access Database" under User DSN in both odbcad32s. However the one in System32 gives me an error when I clicked "Configure". It said "The setup routines for the Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb, *.accdb) ODBC driver could not be found. Please reinstall driver." "Errors Found: The specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch between the Driver and Application".

Does this mean I have to install the ODBC 64-bit driver and will this work with 32-bit MS Access currently installed on my computer??

• Generally, the files (DLL's) resides in different paths (system32 and syswow64), and the registry is different too.

But I don't know what's happen with Office.

check "this link":http://tinyurl.com/anzodcf

Copied from docx

64-bit VBA Issues
    When 64-bit Office is installed on a machine, the user is required to uninstall any 32-bit versions of Office applications, including prior versions. 32-bit versions can be installed after 64-bit is installed, but Microsoft has not thoroughly tested these scenarios. The best practice is to run any 64-bit Office instance on a machine dedicated to that version only.

• I do have odbcad.dll in both folders but the issue still exists. Is there a way to connect a 32-bit Access to a 64-bit Qt program??

• I think the problem is not with mdb file but with the driver. To open an Access database with a 64bit application you need a 64bit ODBC driver working properly.

Odbcad is not the Access driver but an odbc dll only.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.