Help me compile a project!

• Hello, this should have been straight forward as the project is made with QT.
    Compiling this project https://github.com/evanw/cs224final/archive/master.zip

But I have tried everything I'm capable of, using QT versions ranging from 4.4 up to 5.0, msvc2008, 2010 and mingw
    I just cannot compile the source even after trying to fix the errors I just end up getting other ones.

Can someone please help me here?

• What errors?

• The errors are different for QT <4.8 and those over >4.8, also different for different compilers.
    You have the source there so you can see for yourself, it includes a .pro file. takes just a min to open and test.

• That CS..final sounds a bit like computer science exam to me. Does thou know thou shalt not let others do thy assignments? ;)

• It has been written to Qt4 not Qt5, and an older version at that. The code assumes that the Qt includes pull in the OpenGL header <GL/glu.h> and the matching library, an assumption that is incorrect since IIRC Qt 4.7.3.

So, to correct the problem, in each file reporting undefined glu* functions you need to include that header. There are at least 6 files to do this with. You also need to arrange linking to the GLU library by adding to the PRO file:

@
    win32: LIBS += -lglu32
    unix: LIBS += -lGLU
    @

Once you have that done you have a program that will compile if your system has a new enough OpenGL implementation. Works fine on my Linux box, not on my Windows virtual machine: the OpenGL is too old. YMMV if you have a newer Windows or third-party OpenGL impl.

• Unfortunately, I had no success in compiling the project.
    But I wish to thank you for taking the time to test it out and giving me very helpful information!

Thanks.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.