Compiling Qt5 on Win64: much more problems than expected

• Ok, it's going to be a real nightmare for me to compile Qt5 on stupid windows platform. In first step I encountered a very strange error after hours of searching I found that it's because of .gitignore ! Why there should be a ignore pattern file in source release tarball? win7 refuses to create a file with no name so I used nano of MSYS to make it...

After successfully configuring Qt5, I installed requirements (OpenSSL, ICU etc.)

Then I found that there is no way to have a working DBus on 64 bit windows. I tried to compile various sources: DBus4Win, KDE4Win and original tarball from freedesktop.org. None of them even won't configure. The config script says that expat.h is nout found. I already compiled and installed expat in MSYS/mingw. Also tried precompiled libraries fron KDE4Win project. They're nice but there is no debugging dll (compilation terminates with ld.exe error that -ldbus-1d not found)

Have you ever had success compiling Qt with DBus support on 64bit windows ? How?

• Moderators

Hi soroush,

I haven't used D-Bus on Windows so I've always compiled Qt 5 without D-Bus support. If you want help with compiling D-Bus itself, you'll have better luck asking the D-Bus developers.

Someone else was looking for Qt + D-Bus on Windows, but someone else warned that you might get strange and unexplained quirks on Windows: http://qt-project.org/forums/viewthread/20263

[quote author="soroush" date="1356638728"]After successfully configuring Qt5, I installed requirements (OpenSSL, ICU etc.)[/quote]Note: You'll need to install libraries BEFORE configuring, or Qt will be compiled without them.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.