QT Creator 2.6.1 Manually add msvc compiler

• The title says it all, I would like to manually specify the path of msvc2010. Is there any way I can do this, without messing with the registry? Thank you

• Moderators

No there is not. How did you manage to install MSVC without messing with the registry?

• Figured it out, just edited the xml files in the appdata folder.

[quote author="Tobias Hunger" date="1355960731"]No there is not. How did you manage to install MSVC without messing with the registry?[/quote]

Made an Visual Studio install in a VM, then saved the Microsoft SDKs and Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0 folders. Then I edited the vcvars32.bat to not depend on the registry but just rely on relative path. Since I intend to use QT Creator for everything an therefore only need the vc compiler, I am trying this to see if everything works out without all the bloat that installing Visual Studio brings.

• Moderators

bq. Figured it out, just edited the xml files in the appdata folder.

The Qt Creator toolchains.xml? That works? That is a bit of a surprise, I thought I had left out the factory method necessary to create MSVC toolchains that way:-)

• [quote author="Tobias Hunger" date="1355995233"]
    The Qt Creator toolchains.xml? That works? That is a bit of a surprise, I thought I had left out the factory method necessary to create MSVC toolchains that way:-)[/quote]

Yes, it's in the roaming\qtproject\qtcreator directory. Since I luckily had VS2012 installed, I just had to change the SupportedAbi from x86-windows-msvc2012-pe-32bit to x86-windows-msvc2010-pe-32bit and update VarsBat path. I do wish it would be possible to add them through the QT Creator though, I would like to try cross compiling windows binaries in linux through wine. Thanks

• Moderators

Cross-compiling from linux to windows works for me, using the mingw packages in my distribution of choice.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.