QDebug lines

• Hi ALL,

I'm wondering what happen to the qDebug() lines I've written on my code when I build the app for release. Does this code make the app more heavy and slow?

• Hi,

Your qDebug() lines will be ouputed unless you define QT_NO_DEBUG_OUTPUT during compilation (even if you are in release mode). If you didn't specify a message handler, stderr will be used, and yes it will make the app slower if you're writing too much. So, just define QT_NO_DEBUG_OUTPUT where you are in release mode.

• I have added what you have suggested to add to my project file but it seems it doesn't work. I launched the app on Qt using the run button and I have looked at the output window on Qt and the qDebug() lines still apear so, how can I check if the added line stops the qDebug() lines, properly?

Here the code I have added to the project file:
    @
    CONFIG -= debug
    CONFIG += release

release {
    message(Release build!)
    DEFINES += QT_NO_DEBUG_OUTPUT
    }

debug {
    message(Debug build!)
    DEFINES += DEBUG
    }
    @

• I tried the following to detect debug and release config:

@
    CONFIG(debug, debug|release) {
    DEFINES += DEBUG
    }
    else {
    }
    @

It works for me to disable qDebug() output.

• I did it. As before, looking at the output window on qt, after I had launched the executable using the run button, I still can see the qDebug lines are working....

• [quote author="tilsitt" date="1355915223"]I tried the following to detect debug and release config:

@
    CONFIG(debug, debug|release) {
    DEFINES += DEBUG
    }
    else {
    }
    @

It works for me to disable qDebug() output.[/quote]

I'm sorry but I'd like to know: where did you add the above lines?
    I added my lines on my qt .pro file and it seems they don't work!

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.