QT compilation problems

• Hello everyone

I have used before QT creator in Linux environment with no problems.
    I now have to use it in Windows environment, but i'm having ample problems. In the begining i installed QT SDK, but i had compilation problem, the problems i had...that it didn't recognize any the library headers even the standard one e.g. "stdio.h" etc. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it, the same problem.
    After that i installed seperately, the libraries 4.8.4 (opensource MinGW), i comlpiled the libraries which took like 3 and half hrs "i doubt it compiled comletely"....then installed the QT creator.

Now, after all this, i am not able to create even a project. It asks me "no kit were found". and the last thing i noticed, why isn't the user interface when creating a project isn't the same as that u have when in Linux.

i followed many small tutorials on how to install it on windows...but why is this so complicated, am i missing a lot of things here. please direct me in the right course

Thank you for your help

• Moderators

You need to add Qt version you have compiled to Qt Creator->Tools>Build & Run->Qt Versions.

• Hello Sierdzio
    thanks for the reply, well this might sound like a complete idiotic question....but how do i add Qt version if it's not automatically detected. i see there is an add option, but then where do i find the version... do i install it as an add-on from website.
    I appreciate the guidance

• Moderators

Click "Add", browse to the folder where you have compiled Qt, then go into folder named "bin" and select qmake binary that will be there.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.