[SOLVED] Overloading QUrl

• Hello everybody !

I'm currently a REST Manager library, and to make things easier for me, I need to overload QUrl::encodedQuery(), I want it to be static and take 1 parameter.

I've overloaded it in my hpp (outside my class, but inside #ifndef/#endif), and the correct definition in the cpp, but I got errors. (I tried with the static keyword because I want it to be static, but I have more errors, so I'm trying without first)
    Here is the hpp then cpp:
    @QByteArray QUrl::encodedQuery(MXRequestManager::MXEncodedPairList const& params) const;@
    @QByteArray QUrl::encodedQuery(MXRequestManager::MXEncodedPairList const& params) const
    {
    [...]
    }@

Errors on compile:
    @MXRequestManager.hpp:413: error: prototype for 'QByteArray QUrl::encodedQuery(const QList<QPair<QByteArray, QByteArray> >&) const' does not match any in class 'QUrl'
    ../../../QtSDK/Desktop/Qt/4.8.1/gcc/include/QtCore/qurl.h:155: error: candidate is: QByteArray QUrl::encodedQuery() const
    MXRequestManager.hpp:413: error: declaration of 'QByteArray QUrl::encodedQuery(const QList<QPair<QByteArray, QByteArray> >&) const' outside of class is not definition@

Maybe it's not working like operators overloads... Is there a way to do it without subclassing QUrl ?
    Thanks for your help.

• Without subclassing you can make function, that takes QUrl as parameter:
    @
    QByteArray encodedQuery(const QUrl &url, MXRequestManager::MXEncodedPairList const &params)
    {
    [...]
    }
    @

Otherwise you need to inherit from QUrl and add your methods.

• Ok, it's what I thought about.

I've never tried, but I thought that I could overload like an operator... But after thinking a little bit...

Thank you for your help.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.