[SOLVED] Stylesheet from file - relative url paths

• Ok, so in my application i apply a stylesheet from a file, like this:
    in main:
    @QFile file(QApplication::applicationDirPath() + "/themes/default/style.css");
    file.open(QFile::ReadOnly);
    QString StyleSheet = QLatin1String(file.readAll());
    a.setStyleSheet(StyleSheet);@

and in the style.css, i want to use an image like this
    @image: url(down-arrow.png);@

but the thing is that qt searches for the file "down-arrow.png" inside the folder of the exe (QApplication::applicationDirPath() )

so i have to write
    @image: url(themes/default/down-arrow.png);@

is there any way to use relative paths in the stylesheet file?

or in other words, to change where qt searches for files when it parses the stylesheet

Thank you

• You can in style.css write:
    @
    image: url(%down-arrow.png%);
    @
    then load stylesheet to QString and replace %down-arrow.png% to correct file. I don't know other solution.

• well that wouldnt help i think, cuz i give the user the abillity to set their own theme folder and so they can make their own style.css file.. (though i didnt understand how to change the %down-arrow.png% ... something with args?)

but i figured a way when you said about QString replacement, so thank you! :)

@QString styleSheetFromFile(QString file, QString folderForUrl)
    {
    QFile f(file);
    f.open(QFile::ReadOnly);
    QString styleSheet = QLatin1String(f.readAll());
    f.close();
    styleSheet.replace("url(","url("+folderForUrl+"/");
    return styleSheet;
    }@

• You load the style sheet by yourself. With this, Qt has no idea where your style sheet comes from. This also means, that a relative path to the images makes no sense. Qt just looks relative to the current working directory; in your case relative to the executable.
    The solution is as simple as undocumented:
    @
    QApplication a(argc, argv);
    QString file = "/path/to/fancy.css";
    a.setStyleSheet( "file:///" + file);
    @

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.