Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

[SOLVED] QSettings Codec Problem

• Hi all,

I try to read the values from an ini file using by QSettings. That file includes Turkish characters (İ, ç, ğ, etc). I can't solve this problem although I've used setIniCodec. What can the problem be?

@ QSettings mSettings("params.ini", QSettings::IniFormat);
    mSettings.setIniCodec("ISO 8859-9");
    QStringList mAliases = mSettings.value("SerialNumbers/AliasList").toString().split(",");
    @

The content of Ini file:
    [SerialNumbers]
    AliasList="TSD,YBS,İAS"

The values of mAliases: TSD, YBS, \460AS

Thanks a lot for your helps and clarification.

• I'm not sure of that but i believe the ini file stores the string as UTF8, so you might want to try replace toString() with a toByteArray(), and then use QString::fromUtf8() to construct your string.

• Thanks Galactik. I've tried your advice as the following below. The result string has been "TSD, YBS, ?AS".

I've noticed that ini file encoded by ANSI using by notepad++. I've converted to UTF-8 but the result string is empty after the encoding modification. How can I solve this problem?

@
    QSettings mSettings("params.ini", QSettings::IniFormat);
    mSettings.setIniCodec("ISO 8859-9");
    QByteArray mList = mSettings.value("SerialNumbers/AliasList").toByteArray();
    QString string = QString::fromUtf8(mList);
    @

Thanks advance for your helps

• After saving the ini file as a UTF-8 file, you should then modify your setIniCodec to setIniCodec("UTF-8");

• Thanks Galactik.

The problem has been solved by using QTextCodec::setCodecForCStrings.

• I meet the similar issue, but i have chinese in ini file.
    QT5 already remove QTextCodec::setCodecForCStrings.
    Do you have some resolution?

• QSettings::setIniCodec

The codec must be set immediately after creating the QSettings object, before accessing any data.