Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct
Qt Visual Studio Addin and .qrc files
When adding files to a .qrc resource file in Visual Studio, we need to manually add each filename to the "Additional Dependencies" of the .qrc to make sure that it is rebuilt whenever one of these files change... I would have thought QtVSAddin would do that automatically, but it doesn't seem to.
It is extremely annoying, and has just made me lose an hour of debugging because the dll's I distributed didn't have properly updated resources... So I think this is a really important feature we need in QtVSAddin.
I'm using VS2010, and another guy seems to have the same issue with 2005 ( http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11117331/changing-resources-like-icons-doesnt-recompile-the-qrc-file/13522166#13522166 )
koahnig last edited by
Which version of vs addin are you using?
Did you check out that the problem has been reported on "JIRA":https://bugreports.qt-project.org/secure/Dashboard.jspa ?
If it is not reported it is very likely to be missed in bug fixes. Nobody is scanning threads here for possible bugs.
If it is reported posting the link to the bug report here will help people voting for it. This helps to increase the urgency of the bug.
I'm using the latest version I could find, 1.1.11 I think (I'd have to check when I get back at work to be sure)
I found this:
where the workaround of adding dependencies manually is said, and the bug is marked as closed, because it's a duplicate of this:
But 6103 is about adding the files to the .vcxproj, which is indeed fixed... But the files still don't get added as dependencies. Not sure what I should do in this case? Any way to reopen a bug? Or create a new one referrencing it?
koahnig last edited by
I am not sure about the proper procedure. However, both reports have been filed for old versions of vs addin. Also the responses are more than 2 years old. I would open another report stating the actual versions of vc and addin. Probably, it is a good idea to reference the previous ones.
I could that a fix got lost again. :-(
Added an issue:
... then I realized I did not search properly, and found this:
which I think is the same... Oh well.
Aros last edited by
It is extremely annoying, and has just made me lose an hour of debugging because the dll's I distributed didn't have properly updated resources...
Well, 3 years later and I have the same problem. Except I didn't lose an hour but the whole day. There was another thing that was complicating the things for me but still... This should be fixed.
You either have to add the dependency manually for all the resources or you have to manually re-save the qrc file every time you make changes to some of the resources...