[SOLVED] how to use QRegExp to find some continue spaces?

• I have a string
    @
    178542 5 5 5 0 1447 33386 1452 1452 44585 44631 1452 44576
    @
    in the sample it has 13 sections, in the real work, it may contain different sections

in the sample, one section contains 8 characters, and each section starts by space including the first section, so the string starts by space.

I need to output a string in the same format, so I need to find how long each section is.

I tried to use QRegExp, my idea is that: the start position of the 2nd continue spaces is the length of 1st section. Then I tried:
    @
    position=QRegExp("\s+").indexIn(str,1);
    @
    but I failed, it returns 0 which is the start of the 1st continue spaces. Then I tried to use
    @
    qDebug()<<rx.pos();
    @
    to find the 2nd/3rd/4th match, but every one returns -1 which means no match.

I feel confused, it seems that QRegExp works not the same as other regular expression tool. Can any one help me?

• Why not simply do:
    @QStringList list = str.split(" ", QString::SkipEmptyParts);@

Now you have a list containing only the parts between the spaces, so you can easily walk through the list and check QString::length() of each part...

I think the same can be done with with RegExp, but I would use QRegExp("\S+") with an upper case S, which matches only characters that are not whitespaces. Then you could do:
    @QRegExp reg("\S+")
    int pos = reg.indexIn(str, 0);
    while(pos >= 0)
    {
    int len = reg.cap(0).length(); //This returns the length of each part
    pos = reg.indexIn(str, pos+1);
    }@

Still I think QString::split() is more straight forward here...

• So you have numbers right justified in fixed width columns and you want to work out the widths of the columns, which includes the leading spaces.

@
    QString line(" 178542 5 5 5 0 1447 33386 1452 1452 44585 44631 1452 44576");

QList<int> widths;
    QRegExp re("\s+\S+");
    int pos = 0;
    while ((pos = re.indexIn(line, pos)) != -1) {
    widths << re.matchedLength();
    pos += re.matchedLength();
    }
    qDebug() << widths;
    // (12, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8)
    @

Of course, it won't work if some of the columns are "empty" or if the column can contain spaces.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.