Using Point Cloud Library (PCL) 1.6 with QT?

• Hello, excuse me if this is not the right forum as this is quite a beginner level question/problem.

I am new to C++ and QTcreator, my experience is mostly in Java :P and Eclipse, I have to develop a point cloud editor using the Point Cloud Library and I have decided QT is the IDE for me in C++. I am working in Ubuntu 12.10 and I can't seem to get even the PCL tutorials to work as the compiler can't find the headers/library files, I'm pretty sure I installed pcl 1.6 without a hitch.

As I understand it .so files are the .dll equivalent, most of the questions on the net deal with dll and have paths that don't map in any way to Linux, so I should add them they are in usr/lib but I've seen another suggestion that I should add the pcl files from /usr/include/ which QT won;t recognize as library files and I don't think the intention is to add every .h separately.

I should mention that I'm adding files to the .pro by literally going inside of it and clicking then selecting through the interface the .so files from usr/lib yet I still get the same error that the headers are not found.

If there is a video on adding external libraries sorry I could not find it, also please try and keep your sugestions using qmake as I have no experience with cmake either.

• Your question is a bit confusing. Try to learn about:

• what are .h (header)-files?
    • what are .so, .dll and .a -files?
    • compiling C++ files
    • linking C++ files and libraries together to an application
    • do this with makefiles
    • do this with qmake
    • do this with QtCreator

Sadly there is no kind answer or video that solves it all (like '42' in some sience fiction saga).

:-)

Feel free to come back and ask questions.

• HI I AM NEW QT AND PCL CAN ANY ONE TELL ME HOW TO CONNECT QT AND PCL

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.