Return of the Database

• What is the data format that the database returns to Qt?

For example, I ran a SELECT query in the database, it returns in what format?

You can send this return (format) per socket?

Example, if return an object, that object can send per socket for a client application (socket)?

• You need to read the documentation for the qtsql module:
    http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-4.8/qtsql.html

• [quote author="l3e0wulf" date="1352375282"]What is the data format that the database returns to Qt?

For example, I ran a SELECT query in the database, it returns in what format?[/quote]

AFAIK, QVariant.This is what I use after I query from an SQL Database to retrieve the data - "QSqlQuery::value":http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-4.8/qsqlquery.html#value

[quote author="l3e0wulf" date="1352375282"]You can send this return (format) per socket?

Example, if return an object, that object can send per socket for a client application (socket)?[/quote]

Sorry, I can't understand these questions. Can you make it clearer? Provide examples if possible. Thanks

• QSQlQuery returns the QVariant as wrote Code ReaQtor. Maybe you can write your own Class which stores data from table and make it serializable. For example:
    @class TableData
    {
    QString TableName;
    QStringList ColumnNames;
    QList< QList<QVariant> > TableContent;
    }
    QDataStream &operator <<(QDataStream &out,const TableData &);
    QDataStream &operator >>(QDataStream &in, TableData &);
    @

in ***.cpp file
    @
    QDataStream &operator <<(QDataStream &out,const TableData &tb_data)
    {
    out << tb_data.TableName << tb_data.ColumnNames << tb_data.TableContent;
    return out;
    }
    QDataStream &operator >>(QDataStream &in, TableData &tb_data)
    {
    tb_data = TableData();
    in >> tb_data.TableName >> tb_data.ColumnNames>> tb_data.TableContent;
    return in;
    }
    @

You can serialize table in QByteArray (up to 2Gb) then transfer via Sockets.

• Thank you.
    I'll be trying soon reply to you what happened.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.