Building library on Linux

• Hi there, I'v got the following problem:
    I try to build Qt library in Linux (Ubuntu 12.04, Qt 4.8.3) in debug and release mode. I used the following line on Windows in .pro file:
    @
    TARGET = $$qtLibraryTarget(lib_name)
    CONFIG += build_all
    @

but it doesn't work on Linux, so I get just one debug target library. I tried to change 'build_all' option to 'debug_and_release'. but it doesn't work too.

I get the following error building my project: "mv: cannot create symbolic link `...file_name': Operation not permitted", can you explain me what does it mean?
    Thanks a lot!

• Moderators

Check your permissions. Also, add this just to be sure:
    @
    DESTDIR = lib
    @

This will put the library in the "lib" folder instead of standard lib path (which is usr/lib IIRC).

• [quote author="sierdzio" date="1352097744"]Check your permissions. Also, add this just to be sure:
    @
    DESTDIR = lib
    @

This will put the library in the "lib" folder instead of standard lib path (which is usr/lib IIRC).[/quote]

I need my USB flash to be a building destination, so my .pro file contains the following line:
    @
    DESTDIR = /media/Transcend/libs/widget/bin
    @

• Moderators

Not sure, but does the FAT32 FS support symlinks? Maybe if you have FAT on your USB, as is often the case, make cannot create the symlink there?

• [quote author="sierdzio" date="1352099217"]Not sure, but does the FAT32 FS support symlinks? Maybe if you have FAT on your USB, as is often the case, make cannot create the symlink there?[/quote]

I have just thought about improper file system Fat32...Thank you very much!

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.