How to create a QComboBox that displays widgets?

• Is it posible subclassing QComboBox enabling to display some functional widgets instead of only icons & text,...

for example, clicking the combobox displays a bunch of QRadioButtons, or QPushButtons, images, ... customWidgets, etc all widgets within should be usable and functional.

maybe a clue could be with QStandardItemModel but it still confusing for me.

or

I should create a custom widget creating something like a combo QScrollarea and a QPushButton and manualy add some functionallity??

maybe it's an obvious question but I'm a newbie and I want to take the correct path and learn from you guys

In Advance

Thank you!!!!!

• Look at the examples for using QItemDelegate. A simple use of QItemDelegate can be found in the Qt examples/itmeviews/spinboxdelegate. You can find other examples on the web as well.

• Hi draconis

I ask you for huge apology for taking so long to respond,

I've reviewed the examples and are quite clear, actually they gave me a clear track of how to do it.
    Now my problem is that the combobox does not paint the buttons or radiobuttons, I only managed to do it when I'm editing the item and thats when it is editable like within a qtableview, I wish that widgets (button, radiobuttons) where visible all the time.

the documentation will help me.

thank you very much for your help

• You are welcome. Hope you are having success with your project.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.