Project Dependencies?

• Hi everybody,

Maybe it is a very simple problem, but i still don't get it!

I have the following situation:

2 Projects:

ProjectA and ProjectB

ProjectA is a pure framework and ProjectB should just use this framework.

I just opened the project settings of ProjectB -> dependencies and checked the box of ProjectA.
    So far so good. If I build ProjectB, ProjectA compiles first. (Also good!)

BUT: How can I simply use the classes/headers from ProjectA in ProjectB? Is there another way but adding every file of ProjectA in the .pro file of ProjectB???

I used to do that with Eclipse. There u just have to set the dependencies and you can use the classes and headers...

The compiler recognizes the complete files of ProjectA that are required. But Make says smth like: No rule to make target "xxx.cpp" needed by "xxx.o"!

I also tried the SUBDIRS option in the .pro file of ProjectB. No change...

I'm using MinGW if that helps...

Big Thanks in advice!

• Moderators

A standard approach would to build ProjectA as a library (or several libraries), and then add them to ProjectB through standard vars in qmake:
    @
    LIBS += yourlib
    INCLUDEPATH += yourlibHeaders
    @

And use those libs in ProjectB.

• Does yourlibHeaders work recursive?
    Because my project consists of sub directories! And then i would have to add all the headers manually...?

• Moderators

The most fool-proof approach is most likely to add a new .pro file using the subdirs template that references your two existing projects. That effectively fuse your two projects into one.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.