A procedure entry point .... could not be located in the dynamic link library QtCore4.dll when running qt application built as console app.

• Dear friends,

Can sombody hint to resolve next case:

I created Qt console application in Qt Creator 2.4.1 built with Qt 4.7.4 ( 32 bit ) on Windows 7 x64 machine.
    In the application .pro file next rows putted:

@QT += core

TARGET = LMB
    CONFIG += console
    CONFIG += release
    CONFIG -= app_bundle

TEMPLATE = app@

together with includes and pathes to external libs that I use ( I work with STASM , - computer vision library and with OpenCV ).

the application contains only 1 main.cpp file with few functions,

next are included in the main.cpp:

@#include <QtCore/QCoreApplication>@

together with opencv and stasm includes and the main function is:

@int main(int argc, char *argv[])
    {
    QCoreApplication a(argc, argv);

return a.exec();
    }@

I build the app with installed toolchain - Qt 4.8.0 for Desktop with MinGW both in release and debug it is compiled well but next happens when I run it:

when I run the executable built in debug from the Qt Creator with previously opencv .dlls and stasm dlls putted to the debug directory it runs fine as expected, but when I run it from the directory with the .dlls and the Qt .dlls:

libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll

mingwm10.dll

QtCore4.dll and or QtCore4d.dll I get the message:

A procedure entry point .... could not be located in the dynamic link library QtCore4.dll ...

when built in release mode the application doesn't run even from the Qt Creator,

I putted the .dll from Qt 4.8.0 for MinGW and all the .dlls are in the folder where I execute the .exe file built.

I need the application to be run from console.

Does anybody know what is the problem? Why a procedure entry point could not be located in this case?

Thank you in advance for your help.

• I don't see any sources listed in your .pro file, you should have a line similar to this:
    @
    SOURCES += main.cpp
    @

• Hi Terence,
    Unfort. that is not the problem/reason, I have the source main.cpp listed in my .pro file of course.
    There is some another problem/reason. With the .dlls needed to run executable.
    What is it ?

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.