QGraphicsSceneWheelEvent::delta being called when mouse wheel isn't used

• I have a performance problem with a Qt widget application. Intel VTune Amplifier suggests the issue is with QGraphicsSceneWheelEvent::delta() being called along with QTimeLine::setCurveShape.

The application is reasonably simple. It receives data on a socket and creates a new row in a QAbstractTableModel if/when needed. Each cell could be coloured based on its content. I control this using a data() override within qstandarditrem. However, if remove my colouring etc and simple display text I'm still getting a performance hit ~ 20-60% Cpu.

So I'm interested to know why the QGraphicsWheelEvent::delta() method is being called when I'm not using the mouse at all. Also why/where is a QTimeLine::setCurveShape being called as I'm not directly calling this within my code?

Thanks.

• I'm going to start a new thread as the subject is wrong. After configuring Intel VTune so it pointed at the Qt src directory it pointed me in the right direction.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.