Set Paths for Qt

• I install Qt 4.8.3 and then want to build the "GettingStarted" sample, however,

when I invoke

qmake -project

I get "not a internal or external command" error, which means qmake's path is not

in the current path.

I think I should add the path of qmake to the system path environment, but not

sure if I should also add other paths for Qt library building and making, so is

there a complete list of the paths to be configured before running it? A complete

document will also be better.

Thanks

Alan

• Moderators

Adding <qt dir>/bin to PATH is sufficient for most cases. Sometimes, setting QTDIR variable to <qt dir> is required, too. Or you can use a tool like QtCreator, which will manage allow you to run and develop Qt apps without changing system-wide environment.

• Hi,

I have installed Qt 4.8.2 and Qt Creator(IDE). But when I start Qt Creator(IDE), then go to "Tools | Options | Build and Run" and click "Qt versions" tab, I find nothing in the "automatic". It seems my installation of Qt is not correct. Or am I missing somthing. Must I install the Qt SDK on my computer for development as well?

Thanks

Alan

• In “Qt versions” tab you can also "Manual add" your Qt installation. Also, if it is not set yet, you must choose a compiler in "Compiler" tab.

• THanks

I add Qt to the Qt versions tab. Then when go to "Compiler" tab, I find the following compilers are being detected automatically:

MS VC++ 9.0(x86)
    MS VC++ 9.0(amd64)

but I cannot find a way to add MS VC++ 9.0(x64) since we need to build the app in both 32bit and 64bit target platform.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.