[Solved] Segmentation Fault... What can be?

• I getting an error at this line, and the file "qatomic_x86_64.h":

@
    inline bool QBasicAtomicInt::ref()
    {
    unsigned char ret;
    asm volatile("lock\n"
    "incl %0\n"
    "setne %1"
    : "=m" (_q_value), "=qm" (ret)
    : "m" (_q_value)
    : "memory"); //HERE!
    return ret != 0;
    @

This error appears after this code:

@
    QList<Sensor*> Eixo::getSensores()
    {
    return this->sensores;
    }
    @

But If in a controller class I remove this line:
    @
    getEixo()->getSensores().append( getSensorConfigurado() );
    @

The error not appears...
    It's something with concurrence? Lock on variable attribute? What can be?

• Please run your application inside valgrind, it's likely that you have a corrupted heap.

• getEixo() is probably returning a null or an invalid pointer.

• I try to use valgrind, but I got this error:

@
    ** Error: "valgrind" could not be started: No such file or directory **
    @

I follow this page: "http://doc.qt.digia.com/qtcreator-2.5/creator-analyzer.html":http://doc.qt.digia.com/qtcreator-2.5/creator-analyzer.html

I will check if getEixo is null, but I don't beleave that's can be the reason of my problem...

• The value of variable getEixo() is <unavailable synchronous data>, on debug mode!

• I read some posts saying to use SIGNALS and SLOTS?
    Why so solution?

• Header:
    @
    #ifndef EIXO_H
    #define EIXO_H

#include <QObject>
    #include "tipoeixo.h"
    #include "sensor.h"

class Eixo : public QObject
    {
    Q_OBJECT
    public:
    explicit Eixo(QObject *parent = 0);

void setId(int newId);
    void setNumeroEixo(int newNumeroEixo);
    void setConjunto(int newConjunto);
    void setMyTipoEixo(TipoEixo* newMyTipoEixo);
    void setSensores(QList<Sensor*> newSensores);
    void addSensor(Sensor* newSensor);
    int getId();
    int getNumeroEixo();
    int getConjunto();
    TipoEixo* getMyTipoEixo();
    QList<Sensor*> getSensores();
    bool isDiferencial();

private:
    int id;
    int numeroEixo;
    int conjunto;
    TipoEixo* myTipoEixo;
    QList<Sensor*> sensores;

};
    #endif // EIXO_H
    @

If I change sensores to be a pointer, like this: QList<Sensor*>* sensores;
    The problem can be fixed?
    I will try change this rightnow...

• Problem persists.

• [quote author="dcbasso" date="1348577357"]The value of variable getEixo() is <unavailable synchronous data>, on debug mode![/quote]

No debugger required. Stick a:

@QASSERT(getEixo())
    // or
    if (getEixo() == 0) qFatal("getEixo() is returning null");
    @

or similar check immediately before the affected line.

Incidentally, that affected line is adding an element to an anonymous copy of the QList<> and will probably not do what you are expecting.

• A debugger is not required, but way more useful for tracking issues like these.

But basically, this is your problem:
    @getEixo()->getSensores().append( getSensorConfigurado() );@
    Here, you do two dereferences. The first especially may be problematic. If there is any chance of getEixo() returning 0, then you need to check for that.

@
    Eixo* eixo = getEixo();
    Q_ASSERT(eixo); //don't do the actual get inside the assert! It will be compiled out for release builds!
    eixo->getSensores().append( getSensorConfigurado() );
    @

Note that even this does not get you out of the woods yet. You have to be sure that getEixo() always returns 0 or a valid pointer. If you have deleted the Eixo object earlier and the pointer is still returned here, you're in trouble that you can't catch like this.

• One might add that you will always suffer from this problem when using multiple dereferencing. This is the reason it is usually forbidden by any coding guidelines.

• I found the reason!
    I fix the error:
    I was trying to append a some object/pointer to my QList! I remove the append, and just change the object/pointer and my QList is "auto" updated!

I really don't undestand why the problem appears when we try to add same object/pointer to QList, but the error don't happened again!!!

Thanks all!

• If you don't understand, I really suggest you keep on it until you do. Otherwise, I almost guarantee you that you'll get bitten by the same issue again, only this time about an hour before your release deadline...

The way you talk about object/pointer gives me the feeling you don't quite understand pointers & objects yet. However, that knowledge really is needed in order to work effectively with C++ and Qt.

• I just use the thermology "object/pointer" to suggest that I was working with pointer to change a object, as this:

@
    QList<Sensor*> sensores;
    @

Well, I search a lot about this error and I don't found any good explanation to the error. After I remove the ".append(Sensor*)" on object sensores, the problem was fix, and the "Sensor*" is changed anyway, because I use pointer to change the value os "Sensor" inside the QList!
    I just make the mistake to try add again on the QList... I think...

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.