Using Qt Add-ons

• Hi,

I've been looking for many hours (days?) in vain. I'd like to use some add-ons for qt 5 alpha/beta especially the bluetooth one. Tho I can't get any information on how to download/install those addons. Does anyone know how to do so ?

• I don't know what "add-ons" you need, but I have built qt5 from git and there is a modul called

"qtconnectivity"

there are example for bluetooth in the directory.

See allso the Project-File in the examples cause you have to configure QT to use the modul (QT += concurrent bluetooth widgets)

hope this helps

best regards
    Harry

• Yep seems like "qtconnectivity" is exactly what I need ! Thank you !
    I was looking for something like qtbluetooth at first, this is why I couldn't find it , plus It's in the beta version, not in the alpha contrary to what is said there: http://qt-project.org/wiki/Qt-Add-ons-Modules.

So basically there's nothing special to do since qtconnectivity is already included in the beta package. Can't see the difference between Essentials and Add ons then...

Though I have issues while running the configure and build :/ Still working on that... Did it happened to you as well Harry ?

• I had no problems by compiling, I'm running Opensuse 12.2 64Bit with gcc 4.7.
    First time when I tried to compile i had some dev-Packages not installed, after installating them, there where no problems.

• Hello !

I'm trying to use qtconnectivity add-on in Qt creator but it's not working. I have built qt5 from git but Qt creator displays this error message:
    @Unknown module(s) in QT: bluetooth@

I only added this following line to my .pro file:
    @QT += bluetooth@

Does anyone of you know why ? I'm using Qtcreator 2.8.1 based on Qt 5.1.1 in Ubuntu 12.04.3.

Thanks in advance guys,
    Best regard,
    Loïc.

• Moderators

Hi,

Qt Bluetooth is released with Qt 5.2. Update your git repository (make sure you also get qtconnectivity.git) and build, or just download and install the Qt 5.2 beta from http://download.qt-project.org/development_releases/qt/5.2/5.2.0-beta1/

• Thank you for your answer, I installed Qt 5.2 with .run file. And now when I'm trying to compile my project with Qt creator (here is my version):

@Qt Creator 2.8.82 (3.0.0-beta)
    Basé sur Qt 5.2.0 (GCC 4.6.1, 32 bit)
    Compilé le Oct 22 2013 à 16:29:33
    Depuis la révision f5fa022de5@

The compiler seems to find Bluetooth library but I have some problem with udev:

@cannot find -ludev@

Edit:
    /!\ SOLVED : The name of the repository to install is "libudev-dev". (for ubuntu just type "sudo apt-get install libudev-dev"). Thank you strahlex !
    /Edit:

And I don't have this problem with the other version of Qtcreator (using Qt5.1.1 libraries). I don't think the problem come from my code maybe it come from my .pro file:
    @#TEMPLATE = app
    #TARGET =
    #DEPENDPATH += .
    #INCLUDEPATH += .

Input

HEADERS += MainWin.h
    ConnectWin.h
    ConfigurationWin.h
    GraphWin.h
    SOURCES += main.cpp MainWin.cpp
    ConnectWin.cpp
    ConfigurationWin.cpp
    GraphWin.cpp
    QT += core gui serialport bluetooth
    greaterThan(QT_MAJOR_VERSION, 4): QT += widgets@

I will try to update and build my git repository. If you have any idea I will be really glad to read your solutions. ;)

Anyway thanks for your help and your reactivity.
    Loïc.

• @Sanctlon: Install libudev-dev from your software repos.

@others:
    In this repo:
    https://qt.gitorious.org/qt/juhanajs-qtconnectivity/
    is a QtConnectivity module with Android support. How can I build it for Qt 5.2 RC1?

• @strahlex: Ok, it's working very well, thank you ! For adding a module I never succeed build a module correctly, and I supose that the Maintenance Tool can't help you ?

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.