[SOLVED] - Save and Draw FrameBufferObject from paintEvent

• Hello everybody,

I am new using QGLWidget and frameBufferObjects. I have been reading about framebuffer objects because I need overpaint a GL (never to erase the previous GL) and paint some text and lines with QPainter.
    The only solution that I found was use framebuffer to save the GL and then paint the framebuffer with a QPainter, but it's not working.
    I really need a little help please.

I add the pseudocode:

@NewClass::NewClass(QWidget *parent): QGLWidget(QGLFormat(QGL::SampleBuffers), parent){
    m_frameBuffer = new QGLFramebufferObject(500, 500, QGLFramebufferObject::Depth);
    (QImage m_savedImage is defined in the class definition)
    }

void NewClass::ogldraw(){
    // I use the frameBufferObject for painting the current GL draw
    glClear(GL_COLOR_BUFFER_BIT | GL_DEPTH_BUFFER_BIT);
    m_frameBuffer->bind();
    glBegin(GL_POINTS);
    glEnd();
    m_frameBuffer->release();
    }

void NewClass::paintEvent(){
    // I use m_savedImage for overpainting the next GL draw to all previous overpainted draw
    QPainter painterToSavedImage(&m_savedImage);
    painterToSavedImage.setCompositionMode(QPainter::CompositionMode_SourceOver);
    painterToSavedImage.drawImage(0, 0, m_frameBuffer->toImage(), Qt::TransparentMode);

// I try to show the overpainted frameBufferObject
    QPainter painterW(this);
    painterW.setCompositionMode(QPainter::CompositionMode_SourceOver);
    painterW.drawImage(0, 0, m_savedImage,Qt::TransparentMode);

}@

I don't know why the ogldraw() always draw to screen even if I don't use updateGL neither repaint.
    Why the m_frameBuffer drawn into m_savedImage is not working?

Please I want to learn why I don't get the expected result.

Thanks,

Fred

• I got it.
    The makeCurrent context must be set in the constructor or in the initializeGL.

Fred

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.