Lgpl

• Hallo,
    i have a question and hope you can help me.

I have written a little program using Qt with Qt Creator.
    When the software is tested enough, i want to provide the software as freeware for download on my website or maybe for a little charge.

Is that possible with Qt in conjunction with LGPL?

On what must i pay attention about Qt and his LGPL License?

I read in the web, that LGPL can be use for such things if the program is NOT static linked. It must be link dynamic.
    Is that right?

Must i include Source Code of Qt or must include my Source Code too or only the needed dll s?

There are several conflicting informations in the web? Please Help me. I not fully understand the Lgpl in tis case. I want to err on the side of caution.

• As per i know, you don't require to give your source code untill unless you have not made any changes to Qt source or header files, and your application should be dynamically linked with Qt Libraries (distribute dlls with your app).

• [quote author="TSp0" date="1342785536"]
    I read in the web, that LGPL can be use for such things if the program is NOT static linked. It must be link dynamic.
    Is that right?
    [/quote]

As far as I know yes. I recommend you to read carefully the whole "LGPL licence":http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-4.8/lgpl.html.

• I tried it. But i am not sure i understand it complete. That is why i asked my questions in this forum. Because here are all Qt Developers. Many thanks for your help so far.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.