Where are FindShiboken and FindPySide.cmake? for PySide Binding Generation Tutorial

• Hi all,

I am trying to do the tutorial
    "PySide_Binding_Generation_Tutorial":http://qt-project.org/wiki/PySide_Binding_Generation_Tutorial
    on Win7 64-bit.

I have the Qt 4.8.0 sdk and cmake 2.8 installed.

The result of the command

C:\foo\foobinding-cmake\build> cmake ..

is that it fails because ShibokenConfig.cmake is not found.
    I think the file I need is FindShiboken.cmake, where should I look for that?

Also same question for PySideConfig.cmake/FindPySide.cmake .

Googling this, I sometimes see comment about this being a known bug.
    Not sure if that means there is no workaround, or that the workaround is somehow obvious.

I have access to linux systems and have also searched those disks for FindShiboken and FindPySide; no luck.

On Windows, there is a large number of cmake files under the cmake installation e.g.
    C:\CMake28\share\cmake-2.8\Modules\Find*.cmake
    but not the ones that I need.

Thanks for any insight.

Owen

• Hello all,

The problem has morphed into this library mismatch issue:
    @C:\binding-tutorial\foobinding-cmake\build>c:\CMake28\bin\cmake.exe ..
    CMake Error at c:/CMake28/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindQt4.cmake:575 (MESSAGE):
    It appears you re trying to use Visual Studio with Qt built by mingw.
    Those compilers do not produce code compatible with each other.
    Call Stack (most recent call first):
    CMakeLists.txt:5 (find_package)@

I have VC2008 compiler installed, and Qt SDK 4.8.1 with both MSVC and mingw libraries installed.
    From Win7, I can launch a terminal Start>Qt SDK>Desktop>Qt 4.8.1 for Desktop (MSVC 2008) that has environment variable
    @QTDIR=C:\QtSDK\Desktop\Qt\4.8.1\msvc2008@

and QTDIR has all the needed libs plus a subfolder bin with bin\qmake.exe.

Running cmake in that terminal, the problem seems to be that FindQt4.cmake is not "finding" the Qt libs that I want to link against.

Question: Any thoughts on how I can force cmake in the right direction here?

FWIW, I solved the problem of the missing Windows cmake files by searching on linux for the missing files
    @
    user@ubuntu:~$ apt-file search ShibokenConfig.cmake
    libshiboken-dev: /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/cmake/Shiboken-1.1.0/ShibokenConfig.cmake
    user@ubuntu:~$ apt-file search PySideConfig.cmake
    libpyside-dev: /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/cmake/PySide-1.1.0/PySideConfig.cmake
    @

and used the files in those packages as models to build the corresponding .cmake files for Windows.

• Hello all,
    The problem has morphed again.

Question: Where should I look for generatorrunner on Win7? Should a pointer to it come back from PySideConfig.cmake?

Details:

From the Qt SDK I had both 4.8.0 and 4.8.1 libs installed and this was causing an issue, so I now have just the 4.8.0 MSVC 2008 environment.
    Now the error relates to

@CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:14 (message):
    You need to specify GENERATOR variable (-DGENERATOR=value)@

It seems that generatorrunner is a command that you can run in a linux terminal, but I have no path to it on Win7. I think it should be part of pyside distribution, but I have found no files named generatorrunner on my whole Win7 drive.

The message arises here in the CMakeLists.txt provided with the tutorial.
    @
    find_program(GENERATOR generatorrunner REQUIRED)
    if (NOT GENERATOR)
    message(FATAL_ERROR "You need to specify GENERATOR variable (-DGENERATOR=value)")
    endif()
    @

apt-file search generatorrunner on linux gives
    shiboken: /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/generatorrunner/shiboken.so

My Win7 build strategy for the binding tutorial is to launch a bare console then run:
    @
    CALL "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\vcvarsall.bat" x86
    set QTDIR=C:\QtSDK\Desktop\Qt\4.8.0\msvc2008
    set PATH=%QTDIR%\bin;C:\QtSDK\QtCreator\bin;%PATH%
    set QMAKESPEC=win32-msvc2008
    set BINDFOO=C:\binding-tutorial\

set Shiboken_DIR=.
    set PySide_DIR=.

cd %BINDFOO%\libfoo
    qmake
    nmake

cd %BINDFOO%\foobinding-cmake\build
    C:\CMake28\bin\cmake.exe ..
    @

Thanks for any suggestions.

Owen

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.