WebKit + WindowsMobile

• Hi all,

I'm exploring possible solutions for a project on a Windows Mobile device that main requirements are:

• a web-based application when user is online

A friend talked to me a little about Qt, but I've got a lot of doubts and I want an advice.

I would know if I can do the web-based application with Qt-WebKit and detect when connection fall down, then launch automatically, and transparent for the user, the client application made with Qt too.

Is it easy or could be expensive/hard?

I hope I explained well.

Thank you,
    SBC

• [quote author="XerXi" date="1290160654"]
    I would know if I can do the web-based application with Qt-WebKit and detect when connection fall down, then launch automatically, and transparent for the user, the client application made with Qt too.
    [/quote]

Yep, it is possible. You might have to detect the disconnection yourself and propagate it to the web sandbox but that is not a big deal.

Quite a few application for embedded are made just like that actually.

[quote author="XerXi" date="1290160654"]
    Is it easy or could be expensive/hard?
    [/quote]

It is easy if you know C++.

The one thing I don't know is the state of the port for Windows Mobile, especially now that Microsoft is killing the product. I work mainly on Linux embedded.

You should ask on the forum "Mobile and Embedded" if Windows Mobile support is still active.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.