Opinion for Desktop Application

• Dear All,

I am new to QT.

I have developed my application in clipper. It is business application which includes HR, Finance, Inventory etc.
    I want to change it to GUI.

Now I want to redeveloped this in C++ using QT.

I was earlier confused about which language I have to choose Java, C++ or any other.

I get idea about QT from google search.

How QT will be useful in desktop application ? So it will be helpful to me in taking decision.

Thanks in advance,

Nirav

• Hi NiravBhatt,

First of all, welcome to DevNet.

Qt is not a language, it's a framework build with C++. There are bindings also for java and python, but the core is C++.

Qt was initially developed for the desktop. So I would say, you can solve that with Qt. Qt is (from my perspective) one of the best C++frameworks that exists. But you have to know C++ to use it.

As I don't know your background, I can't say it will help you, in general, it could ;-)

By the way: could you please change the headline of the post? hello is not very meaningful. Many people just read the headline to decide, whether they go deeper into a thread or not.

• Dear Gerolf,

Thanks for your reply.

I have good knowledge on procedural programming, Event Driven Programming.

I have worked on Clipper, Foxpro, Oracle PL/SQL, Oracle Forms/Reports etc.

I have good knowledge on OOPS, Java.

I am very much interested in C++. I also get trained in C++.

Thanking you once again,

Nirav

• Qt is an object oriented, event driven framework. You should have little problems getting into it when you have a reasonable background in C++.

However, as this is a Qt community, don't expect unbiased advice here on if this is the framework for you or not. That depends on many more factors than what you're telling us.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.