[SOLVED] content-type missing in HTTP POST, defaulting to application/octet-stream

• Just upgraded QT to latest version 4.8.1 libraries on Linux Ubuntu box 10.04 from version 4.7.X.

With the new version I am receiving an error from our server.
    QT provides the following warning message:
    @content-type missing in HTTP POST, defaulting to application/octet-stream@

Our server wont accept the posted data. This ran fine with previous release.
    I am aware that the default ContentTypeHeader type needs to be explicitly set under version 4.8.
    However even when adding in the setHeader code shown below, I still receive the same error.

Any ideas? Do I also need to set the contentHeader length field too or is this handled automatically.

@ QNetworkRequest request;
    QUrl params;
    params.addQueryItem("version","1.0");
    params.addQueryItem("siteid","12345");
    params.addQueryItem("recordid","12345");

request.setUrl(serverUrl);

request.setHeader(QNetworkRequest::ContentTypeHeader,QVariant("application/x-www-form-urlencoded"));
    //request.setHeader(QNetworkRequest::ContentLengthHeader,params.encodedQuery().length());

nam->post(QNetworkRequest(serverUrl),params.encodedQuery());
    @

• contentHeader length is set automatically.

Sure it wouldn't work. You set headers for request instance but don't use this instance in post request!?

This:

@nam->post(QNetworkRequest(serverUrl),params.encodedQuery());@

should look like this:

@nam->post(request,params.encodedQuery());@

• Thanks AcerExtensa. Need to cut back on the coffee. That worked as expected..

• Glad I could help you. Please add "[SOLVED]" to the left of the topic subject.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.