QTree model architecture

• Hi all,

I have a view/model application using QTreeView and a proxy (all code in PySide/Cython/numpy).
    I use to sort my tree (depth up to 7) using my own function but it was quite difficult to propagate modifications and I think, at the end, the application was in an inconsistent state (probably bad indexes). Then I changed to use the proxy. It looks like the indexes are much better now but I still have some architecture concerns as the sort is not called when I modify the tree, I need a piece of advice:

• The source model has a setData which allows a node name to be changed, then the sort has to be performed again
    • But the setData is in the source model and has no knowledge of the proxy model, I cannot propagate any dataChanged or rowsMoved

Do the sourceModel has to re-emit its own messages to the proxy (rowsMoved, dataChanged...) ?
    How can I ask the sourceModel to trigger the proxy model so that the node name change is taken into account ?
    Should I move the setData into the proxy model ?

see source :

line780 into http://pycgns.hg.sourceforge.net/hgweb/pycgns/pycgns/file/5b5c82525535/NAVigater/CGNS/NAV/mtree.pyx

warning: lines 798 to 801 cannot work because instead of self. I should use the proxy model... it has been committed for the purpose of this forum.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.