Install Qt SDK 1.2.1 in Ubuntu 12.04 64bits crash

• Hi,
    I don't where it is a Ubuntu or Qt error but when I try to install Qt SDK 1.2.1 in Ubuntu 12.04 64bits it crash. I tried in a virtual machine and crash too. The only way to isntall it is running as sudo.

Where should I report the problem?

• I have the same issue, but Ubuntu does not crash. The first window appears asking for the directory where QtSDK shall be installed into, I set the directory and press "next" and strange thing appears - looks like window appears and immediately vanishes again and again...

• [quote author="prokher" date="1336575129"]I have the same issue, but Ubuntu does not crash. The first window appears asking for the directory where QtSDK shall be installed into, I set the directory and press "next" and strange thing appears - looks like window appears and immediately vanishes again and again...[/quote]

I update the post because you are right it doesn't crash ubuntu just the installation.

• The workaround is to run installer with "-style cleanlooks" like :

@./QtSdk-offline-linux-x86_64-v1.2.1.run -style cleanlooks@

• Thank you for sharing your solution!

[quote author="prokher" date="1336581989"]The workaround is to run installer with "-style cleanlooks" like :

@./QtSdk-offline-linux-x86_64-v1.2.1.run -style cleanlooks@[/quote]

• Thanks, had the same issue!

This is very bad

• Thanks
    Now, I'm with QtSdk

• Thanks,

@* -style cleanlooks@

solves the issue (Ubuntu 12.04 x64)

• Same issue. Clean looks resolved it

• the Qt SDK tool is now done by digia as i read in the qt blog

Where are we going? Is digia interested in linux users?
    Where is Qt 4.8.2 and Qt Creator 2.5.x ??

bad feelings...

• This solve my day~ Thanks
    [quote author="prokher" date="1336581989"]The workaround is to run installer with "-style cleanlooks" like :

@./QtSdk-offline-linux-x86_64-v1.2.1.run -style cleanlooks@[/quote]

• Moderators

giowck: Qt 4.8.2 and Qt Creator 2.5 are readily available in most Linux distributions and as binary packages on the download page.

The Qt SDK has not been updated in a long time (much longer than the couple of weeks that Digia is now at the helm now) -- on all platforms.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.