Problem with QGraphicsScene mouse move event

• Hello,

I re-implement mouse event handlers in a subclass of QGraphicsScene and have a problem with the mouseMoveEvent() function.

The following code works (i.e. when I press the left/middle/right buttons, hold and move, I have the text displayed):
    @void Scene::mouseMoveEvent(QGraphicsSceneMouseEvent* e)
    {
    std::cout<<"hehe"<<std::endl;
    }@

but the following does not (nothing happens even if I press the left button):
    @void Scene::mouseMoveEvent(QGraphicsSceneMouseEvent* e)
    {
    if(e->button()==Qt::LeftButton) std::cout<<"hehe"<<std::endl;
    }@

The following code also works
    @void Scene::mousePressEvent(QGraphicsSceneMouseEvent* e){
    if(e->button()==Qt::LeftButton) std::cout<<"hehe"<<std::endl;
    }@

Hope it's not a bug of Qt and somebody can help.
    Thank you so much.

• "QGraphicsSceneMouseEvent::button":http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-4.8/qgraphicsscenemouseevent.html#button

bq. Returns the mouse button (if any) that caused the event.

So left click button had caused the event.
    You can use:
    @
    if (Qt::LeftButton & e->buttons())
    {
    // left buttons is pressed
    }
    @

• I encountered the same problem. Did anyone know what is the problem and solution?
    The problem actually is the subclass_QGraphicsScene::mouseMoveEvent() is not invoked button move around with left button down, but the mousePressEvent() and mouseRelease() working fine.
    Thanks much for any idea.

• I encountered the same problem. Did anyone know what is the problem and solution?
    The problem actually is the subclass_QGraphicsScene::mouseMoveEvent() is not invoked button move around with left button down, but the mousePressEvent() and mouseRelease() working fine.
    Thanks much for any idea.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.