[Solved] Using c++ class from QML

• Hey,

I have QML a project for Symbian devices. I planned to create functionalities and UI with QML but it seems that there is no QTcpSocket in QML? So I've been googling around to find how to use c++ functions from QML.

So if I have a text field for example where the user writes something and presses send, how do I use the c++ function from QML? I'm able to import the class to QML and everything seems to work fine but when I build it I get next error:
    @
    module "Networking" is not installed
    import Networking 1.0
    ^@

I have main.qml where I import Networking, then I also have Networking.cpp/hpp class.
    In main.cpp I have used: @qmlRegisterType<Networking>("Networking", 1, 0, "network");@

I'm quite confused how I am supposed to do this. There are quite a few examples but most of them are the opposite, using qml UI from Qt c++ project. I just want a to simply call c++ class from qml, I'm not really sure if it is even possible? I read about creating a plugin that I need to import in QML project?

Thank you.

• In the general case, this is not going to work. I'd recommend you create the business end of your application in C++, and only the UI in QML.

• Ok,

thank you for the reply. I think I will first do it completely with c++ with a very simple GUI and if everything seems running ok I try to create more fancy UI with QML. I'm more familiar with c++ anyways :)

• Could you write main.cpp complete file? Because depend the place where you write this line this maybe not work.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.