[SOLVED] how to overlap widgets

• I know that a common technique for overlapping two widgets is to make the displayed widget the child of the concealed one. But what if you have a widget partially covering two others? Say I have squares A, B, and C of type QWidget, where A covers one of B's corners and one of C's. Since A can only have one parent, what would be the best way to achieve this?

• All of A, B and C can be children of another QWidget D.

• But if A, B, and C all have the same parent, what determines their relationship to one another?

If parent-child is the only method, can it be accomplished by having C be the parent of B, and B the parent of A? (I'm assuming here that C can be the parent of B even though they're disjoint)

• [quote author="planarian" date="1334174729"]But if A, B, and C all have the same parent, what determines their relationship to one another?

If parent-child is the only method, can it be accomplished by having C be the parent of B, and B the parent of A? (I'm assuming here that C can be the parent of B even though they're disjoint)[/quote]

Once they belong to the same parent, order of them is controlled by z-order.

For QWidget,

QWidget::lower()
    QWidget::raise()
    QWidget::stackUnder()

For QGraphicsItem,

QGraphicsItem::setZValue()
    QGraphicsItem::stackBefore()
    QGraphicsItem::ItemStacksBehindParent

For Qt Quick,

• Thanks, that certainly makes life easier!

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.