PySide + Sqlite = Driver not loaded

• Despite a great deal of Googling, I can't find why Qt is unable to find the Sqlite plugin for a QSqlDatabase.
    Things I have verified:
    libqt-sql-sqlite package installed
    /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt4/plugins/sqldrivers/libsqlite.so is present
    "/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt4/plugins/" is present in the QApplication libraryPaths()
    Tried instantiating QApplication prior to call to addDatabase so that library search paths are initialised.

When I call drivers() on the QSqlDatabase, it listed QSQLITE as an available driver. But when I call addDatabase("QSQLITE"), the database is not open/valid with a lastError of "Driver not loaded Driver not loaded". I've got Qt/PySide installed from Ubuntu packages, so I can't (as far as I know) do the configure option to force Sql driver building/static-linking.
    Any pointers are greatly appreciated.

Current latest packages of Qt/PySide.

I can't help thinking this must be a bug, by the fact QSqlDatabase tells me the driver is available, with the drivers() list as well as even explicitly stating "isDriverAvailable("QSQLITE")" -> True, but then failing to add a database with this driver as the driver/plugin isn't loaded.

• Ok, found the problem. User error as usual. I failed to notice that the addDatabase function was a static and not a bound method. I was deriving from QSqlDatabase and calling it on self, my bad. Though I'm a little perplexed as to why the lastError function returned "Driver not loaded"..that threw me off a bit. Calling the static addDatabase shouldn't have changed the state of my derived object, so I don't know where that "driver not loaded" error came from, as the object was for all intent blank/uninitialised.
    Unless driver not loaded is the default error message for when an Sql object is uninitialised?

• Moderators

welcome to devnet

Good to know that your problem has been solved even so the community was in your case not of much help ;-)

Special thanks also for sharing the reasons of your problem. This allows at least others to learn from your case.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.