Problem in compiling, QGraphicsScene::setActiveWindow() not accepting a QGLWidget subclass

• I had a QGLWidget subclass as the graphics class, which I now want to be used as a single window in a QGraphicsScene in order to accomodate the menu.

It looks like this:
    GLWindow class
    @
    #ifndef GLWINDOW_H
    #define GLWINDOW_H

#include <things>
    class GLWindow : public QGLWidget , public QGraphicsProxyWidget // tried QGraphicsWidget too.
    {
    Q_OBJECT
    public:
    GLWindow(QWidget *parent = 0);
    ~GLWindow();

void resizeGL(int width, int height);
    void initializeGL();
    void paintGL();

// Other functions, signals/slots etc.
    // .............................
    };
    #endif // GLWINDOW_H@

main.cpp
    @
    #include <QtGui/QApplication>
    #include "glwindow.h"
    #include <QDebug>
    #include <QGraphicsScene>
    #include <QGraphicsView>
    #include <QGraphicsProxyWidget>

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
    {
    QApplication a(argc, argv);
    GLWindow w;

// ...............THIS WORKS.........................
    //#ifndef Q_WS_MAEMO_5
    // w.showMaximized();
    //#else
    // w.showFullScreen();
    //#endif

//...............But This Does not...................
    QGraphicsScene scene;
    scene.setActiveWindow(w);
    //scene.setActiveWindow((dynamic_cast<QGraphicsProxyWidget*>)(w)); // ... did not work
    QGraphicsView view(&scene);
    view.showMaximized();

return a.exec&#40;&#41;;

}@

I understand that the "setActiveWindow()":http://doc.qt.nokia.com/4.8-snapshot/qgraphicsscene.html#setActiveWindow method requires a QGraphicsWidget object, but I still am not able to compile after subclassing QGraphiscWidget (and QGraphicsProxyWidget). Trying to dynamic_cast my QGLWidget subclass did not work either. The error is something like:

• ..\main.cpp:22: error: no matching function for call to 'QGraphicsScene::setActiveWindow(GLWindow&)'

I also tried modifying the constructor declaration for GLWindow class as:
    @GLWindow(QWidget *parent = 0, QGraphicsProxyWidget *parent = 0);@

but still no progress. (I dont think I should be doing this, but there was no harm in trying!)

Appreciate any help from someone who already has done this. Any comments are welcome.

• Moderators

setActiveWindow is requiring a pointer and not a reference see the link you have provided.

try this:
    @
    QGraphicsScene scene;
    scene.setActiveWindow(&w);
    //scene.setActiveWindow((dynamic_cast<QGraphicsProxyWidget*>)(w)); // ... did not work
    @

• Hi koahnig

I tried using that too, but got the following error:

• ..\main.cpp:22: error: no matching function for call to 'QGraphicsScene::setActiveWindow(GLWindow*)'

• Moderators

I am not sure, but it may have to do with the mutiple inheritance. But this is byeond my expertize.

However, have you tried to with a single inheritance (of QGraphicsProxyWidget) too?

• Hi koahnig

I tried that, but it results a lot of other errors, basically pertaining to undefined OpenGL/QtGL things. Inheriting QGLWidget is kind of necessary.
    Thanks for helping anyways.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.