Accessing object-specific stylesheet in custom delegate

• How do I access an object's custom stylesheet from within a custom delegate that's drawing for that object? My specific situation is:

• I have a QListView. I customized the display of its items by defining a custom stylesheet in Designer. Among other things, I set QListView::item{padding: 5px};

• I created a custom delegate in code (derived from QStyledItemDelegate) and passed it to my QListView object.

Now within my delegate's paint() I don't know how to access the stylesheet I defined in Designer. Specifically I'd like to get the content rect that takes into account the item padding I defined - although I'd also like to know generally how to access everything defined in the stylesheet.

• Just input the name of the object as id in stylesheet ex.

@#MyList {
    background-color: #f0f0f0;
    }

#MyList::item:selected {
    border: 1px solid #6a6ea9;
    border-radius: 4px;
    background-color: white;
    color: black;
    }@

• That wasn't my question. The problem isn't that the stylesheet isn't associated with my object - if I just draw using the default delegate then it correctly picks up the style - the problem is that I'm unable to access the style from within a custom delegate.

For example if I do this:

@void MyCustomDelegate::paint ( QPainter * painter, const QStyleOptionViewItem & option, const QModelIndex & index ) const
    {
    QStyledItemDelegate::paint( painter, option, index );
    }@

Then the stylesheet is respected. However when I try to manually draw things, ie:

@QStyleOptionViewItemV4 opt = option;
    initStyleOption(&opt, index);
    QStyle* pStyle = opt.widget ? opt.widget->style() : QApplication::style();
    painter->save();
    pStyle->drawItemText(painter, opt.rect, Qt::AlignRight | Qt::AlignVCenter,
    pStyle->standardPalette(), true, "customText");
    painter->restore();@

then the 'customText' is aligned all the way to the right, without respect for the padding defined in the style.

How do I access the stylesheet from my delegate?

• There is no standard way to do such things.
    If you know, the style sheet is assigned to the widget, you can use pWidget->styleSheet(). If the style sheet is assigned to a higher level widget of the application, you have to scan the hierarchy.

But there is no way I know, to get that part of a style sheet that is needed for your specific element. The style sheet is once parsed by the style sheet style and then internally handled in a binary way. all that is done in private classes of QtGui.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.