QT 4.8 Run Settings on Fedora 16
Hi, I am new to Linux and QT.
Last weekend I setup Fedora 16 on a 64bit computer. This weekend I have installed Qt on the Linux machine. I have QT working. When, I do the following:
- Pick New Project
- Pick QT Widget Project -- Qt GUI Application (then next screen name it and pick a folder)
- **** Then on the next screen it says Target Setup and the only choice is Harmattan ****. I pick it to get the Next button to show. Note --> I want my testQt program to run on my Desktop...so am I doing something wrong here?
- Next page - Class Information -- I just hit Next
- Project Management (Add to Version control - <None>) Lists files to be added. I just hit Finish here
I then get a Maemo Deployment Issue
It tells me that the file listed below does not contain deployment information which means the respective targets cannot be deployed to and/or run on a device. Qt Creator will add the missing information to these files if you check the respective rows below.
I check my testQt file and hit OK.
It shows me 7 files that will be added (changelog, compat, control, copyright, manifest.aegis, README, rules). The first line looks like this
/home/johh/Projects/testQt2/qtc_packaging/debian_harmattan/changelog....similar line for the other 6 files listed line above
(from above line I am concerned about the word debian ... instead of the word Fedora) (Also, Google search seems to show Harmattan as some sort of Nokia smartphone)
I then arrive at my program window. From here I can hit Build and my project bulds ok. I went into Design and added a Verticle Layout and a button inside that. I hit Build and it built ok again.
However, when I hit debug-Start Debugging -- it is greyed out. I can't hit F5. Also under Projects - Run Settings -- there is a Yellow triangle with ! mark that says NO DEVICE CONFIGURATION SET.
How do a get rid of the Harmattan device and have QT just do a Desktop application?
Which version of the QT library are you using? Which version of the Qt Creator are you using? Did you install them from Fedora repository?
I downloaded and followed the instructions from this page
If I had downloaded from Linux....add/remove programs what would I search for?
I added QT Creator using the Administor Add/Remove.
When I did I had two QT Creators in my Lauch Programs - Programming area.
Under the second QT Creator there was another program called QT-SDK-Maintenance-tool
It allowed me to uninstall -- which uninstalled all the programs that I setup manually.
Then everything looked good...just one QT Creator
However, when I now go into QT Creator and try a new Project. I get as far as the Target Setup and it now tells me that "No valid QT version is found"
How do a either (1) Uninstall everything and start over...or (b) install a valid QT version? I have spent some time trying to find (in Add/Remove) QT version and QT SDK ... but I am getting long lists of program and nothing looks like the right thing
Since this was just a test machine, and I was just getting started I did the following tonight:
- Took my CD that I had my Fedora 16 img and did a complete re-install of the operating system.
- Once Fedora 16 was reinstalled, I used add/remove programs and did a search for QT-Creator. When it was found, I installed it.
Now QT Creator for desktop is working. I did a build and run and my testProgram shows.