Building QML Applications resolution independent

• Hi everyone. can someone point me to some examples of building an QML application resolution independent. can you provide the size(width,height) in percentage?

Thanks

• You can always calculate the width and hight for each item, for example:
    @
    Rectangle {
    width: parent.width * 0.7
    height: parent.height * 0.4
    }
    @

Is this what you mean?

• I'm looking for something like a space separator, because I'm also interested in elements location. I need to maintain some elements with original sizes , but I want some elements to be enlarged only on horizontal or vertical. something similar to qt native widgets, but in QML.

• Maybe extensive use of anchoring will help you? It will be easier to say if you will provide some mockup of what you need.

• Indeed, probably anchor layouts is what you want. If you want, as you said, components to be enlarged only on vertical, you can write, for instance:

@
    Item {
    id: rootItem

Rectangle {
         id: anchoredRectangle

anchors.top: parent.top
        anchors.topMargin: 17
        anchors.bottom: parent.bottom
        anchors.bottomMargin: 10
        anchors.horizontalCenter: parent.horizontalCenter // or, for example: anchors.right: parent.right
    }

}
    @

This way the Rectangle will be enlarged only on vertical axis when Item is enlarged.

Is something like this what you want?

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.