Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

Building QML Applications resolution independent

• Hi everyone. can someone point me to some examples of building an QML application resolution independent. can you provide the size(width,height) in percentage?

Thanks

• You can always calculate the width and hight for each item, for example:
    @
    Rectangle {
    width: parent.width * 0.7
    height: parent.height * 0.4
    }
    @

Is this what you mean?

• I'm looking for something like a space separator, because I'm also interested in elements location. I need to maintain some elements with original sizes , but I want some elements to be enlarged only on horizontal or vertical. something similar to qt native widgets, but in QML.

• Maybe extensive use of anchoring will help you? It will be easier to say if you will provide some mockup of what you need.

• Indeed, probably anchor layouts is what you want. If you want, as you said, components to be enlarged only on vertical, you can write, for instance:

@
    Item {
    id: rootItem

Rectangle {
         id: anchoredRectangle

anchors.top: parent.top
        anchors.topMargin: 17
        anchors.bottom: parent.bottom
        anchors.bottomMargin: 10
        anchors.horizontalCenter: parent.horizontalCenter // or, for example: anchors.right: parent.right
    }

}
    @

This way the Rectangle will be enlarged only on vertical axis when Item is enlarged.

Is something like this what you want?