Use scene graph (qt quick 2.0) in c++ without qml?

• Hi,

I was wondering how I would start to implement a c++ application that is using an OpenGL scene graph (qt quick 2.0). I have an application based onQGraphicsView/Scene for the moment. It basically creates QGraphicsItems (QGraphicsTextItem, QGraphicsVideoItem, my own QGraphicsItems...) on the fly in this scene and animates them (moving or update/paint of the item itself).

Can I do the same thing using qt quick 2.0 but without using qml and just use the backend of qml in c++ to get the performing opengl backend? I was looking at QtQuickCanvas and QtQuickItem but there are no classes for example to have a rectangle in the scene but there are rectangles available in qml. Are these qml items not usable in a pure c++ application? Can anyone point me to a simple example of for example drawing some text or a rectangle in a scene graph without using qml, only c++?

Any guidance for converting a QGraphicsScene/View application to QtQuick 2.0 is welcome!

• Moderators

Many QtQuick classes are private, where only QML interface is available. But, I think you could do it in 2 ways:

Through QML-C++ bindings, generate QML components instead of QGraphicsItem's

Create your own QML elements with custom painting code

But it would take some serious effort to do this, probably. I would suggest to go with QML. Or, you can take a look at how Qt devs paint SceneGraph objects to get the idea on how it should be done.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.