Window

• Can any body tell me how to make the application full screen when clicked on the maximize button ?

• Moderators

You don't need to do anything. The application will be resized whenever the window size is changed.

• but what i am saying is i want my window without the title bar.....as in what happens when we double click in the vlc media player

• [quote author="mikealfa" date="1330517063"]but what i am saying is i want my window without the title bar.....as in what happens when we double click in the vlc media player[/quote]

You can re implement the @mouseDoubleclickevent()@ and their you can call @showmaximized()@
    function.

• Is think there is no platform-independent way of receiving system menu events, so you will have to reimplement the change event and modify the window state accordingly.
    @
    void MainWindow::changeEvent(QEvent *event)
    {
    if(event->type() == QEvent::WindowStateChange)
    {
    if(windowState() & Qt::WindowMaximized)
    {
    showFullscreen();
    }
    }

QMainWindow::changeEvent(event);

}
    @
    Brain to terminal. Not tested. Exemplary.

Two additions:

• you are tinkering with default behaviour here; the user usually does not expect that a window goes into fullscreen when the maximize button is clicked
    • a fullscreen window has no system menu; you will have to provide other means to return from fullscreen, otherwise you are trapped in it

• @pratik
    thanks

• @lukas
    yep...i am doing so because i am developing a game and want it to be fullscreen when clicked on the maximize button

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.