Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Groups
  • Search
  • Get Qt
  • Unsolved
Collapse
Brand Logo
  1. Home
  2. Qt Development
  3. General and Desktop
  4. QTextEdit remove list
Qt 6.12 LTS is out! See what's new in the release blog

QTextEdit remove list

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Solved General and Desktop
6 Posts 2 Posters 1.1k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • ? Offline
    ? Offline
    A Former User
    wrote on last edited by
    #1

    I observe in QTextEdit there is a createList method, but what is its opposite?
    Suppose I have a list item like so

    • fubar

    And I want to convert that to a non-list-item paragraph.
    How can I do that?

    JonBJ 1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • ? A Former User

      @JonB I'm surprised someone hasn't thought to add this feature already.

      Anyway removing and re-adding is what I'm trying now. I'm having some success.

      JonBJ Offline
      JonBJ Offline
      JonB
      wrote on last edited by
      #4

      @clarify
      Just found https://stackoverflow.com/questions/69812660/how-to-reset-a-bulleted-list-to-normal-text-and-back-in-qtextedit and the Solution from 2021 confirms this approach, and perhaps gives you sample code to check yours against.

      ? 2 Replies Last reply
      0
      • ? A Former User

        I observe in QTextEdit there is a createList method, but what is its opposite?
        Suppose I have a list item like so

        • fubar

        And I want to convert that to a non-list-item paragraph.
        How can I do that?

        JonBJ Offline
        JonBJ Offline
        JonB
        wrote on last edited by JonB
        #2

        @clarify said in QTextEdit remove list:

        I observe in QTextEdit there is a createList method

        There isn't.

        There is for QTextCursor.

        At a guess, you would need to remove the blocks from the list, re-add them outside as plain paragraphs, and then remove the (now) empty list completely.

        ? 1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • JonBJ JonB

          @clarify said in QTextEdit remove list:

          I observe in QTextEdit there is a createList method

          There isn't.

          There is for QTextCursor.

          At a guess, you would need to remove the blocks from the list, re-add them outside as plain paragraphs, and then remove the (now) empty list completely.

          ? Offline
          ? Offline
          A Former User
          wrote on last edited by
          #3

          @JonB I'm surprised someone hasn't thought to add this feature already.

          Anyway removing and re-adding is what I'm trying now. I'm having some success.

          JonBJ 1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • ? A Former User

            @JonB I'm surprised someone hasn't thought to add this feature already.

            Anyway removing and re-adding is what I'm trying now. I'm having some success.

            JonBJ Offline
            JonBJ Offline
            JonB
            wrote on last edited by
            #4

            @clarify
            Just found https://stackoverflow.com/questions/69812660/how-to-reset-a-bulleted-list-to-normal-text-and-back-in-qtextedit and the Solution from 2021 confirms this approach, and perhaps gives you sample code to check yours against.

            ? 2 Replies Last reply
            0
            • JonBJ JonB

              @clarify
              Just found https://stackoverflow.com/questions/69812660/how-to-reset-a-bulleted-list-to-normal-text-and-back-in-qtextedit and the Solution from 2021 confirms this approach, and perhaps gives you sample code to check yours against.

              ? Offline
              ? Offline
              A Former User
              wrote on last edited by
              #5
              This post is deleted!
              1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • JonBJ JonB

                @clarify
                Just found https://stackoverflow.com/questions/69812660/how-to-reset-a-bulleted-list-to-normal-text-and-back-in-qtextedit and the Solution from 2021 confirms this approach, and perhaps gives you sample code to check yours against.

                ? Offline
                ? Offline
                A Former User
                wrote on last edited by
                #6

                @JonB
                I can confirm that the approach used on S.O. works.
                Thanks for that.

                1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • System has marked this topic as solved on

                • Login

                • Login or register to search.
                • First post
                  Last post
                0
                • Categories
                • Recent
                • Tags
                • Popular
                • Users
                • Groups
                • Search
                • Get Qt
                • Unsolved