IDE for C++

• I'm following C++ coding .Is QtCearotr a IDE for C++ that do debugging and anything that a IDE can do them
    also, I would use Qt in near future but now I want use it for C++. can it do?

• Qt is just C++ with a little bit of sugar on top, so, yes, you can use Qt Creator as a generic C++ editor.

• ok. how can i install it on ubuntu 11.10 and what is best book about it in linux that you have read?

• Hi.

you go to the synaptic manager there u will find it

• go to qt site there u will find the online installation package for qt...

• i am reading this book "C++-GUI-Programming-with-Qt-4-1st-ed" by Jasmin Blanchette
    & Mark Summerfield
    i think this book will help u

• [quote author="fazel-d" date="1329822359"]ok. how can i install it on ubuntu 11.10 and what is best book about it in linux that you have read?[/quote]

Yes, Qt has an IDE, named: Qt Creator.

1., Ok, you have an installed Ubuntu.
    2., Use synaptic package manager and install these:
    g++
    libsm-dev
    libxext-dev
    libxcursor-dev
    libxi-dev
    make
    libxrender-dev
    libfreetype6-dev
    libxfixes-dev
    libxrandr-dev
    libglib2.0-dev
    libfontconfig1-dev
    libx11-dev
    libxft-dev
    opengl: libgl-dev and libglu-dev (if using qtopengl)
    phonon: gstreamer or libgstreamer

other packages:
    libxinerama
    libxt
    libx11
    libice
    libpthread

3., download and install Qt SDK

1. Get these free books:
      C++ GUI Programming with Qt 1st ed.
      http://blog.hartwork.org/?p=156
      (This is the official Qt book!)

And another free Qt book:
    http://freecomputerbooks.com/Introduction-to-Design-Patterns-in-Cpp-with-Qt4.html

If you are new to C++, read the Accelerated C++ book (this is a Qt community recommended introductory C++ book).

Jump into the Qt world :)

• especial thanks for your answers.
    one another ques. is c++ need in qt learning? if it is, what subjects of c++?

• [quote author="fazel-d" date="1329840213"]especial thanks for your answers.
    one another ques. is c++ need in qt learning? if it is, what subjects of c++?[/quote]
    YES Definately. Unless you want to work with Python, from which you can also use Qt.

Important topics are of course the basic syntax, pointers, classes & objects and subclassing. You can't do without an understanding of such basic concepts.

• [quote author="fazel-d" date="1329840213"]is c++ need in qt learning? if it is, what subjects of c++?[/quote]

YES! You need C++ knowledge for Qt. Because Qt is a C++ framework.
    As Andre said: C++ is a must.

So you have to read some C++ books, for example (in this order):
    Accelerated C++ (for beginners)
    Thinking in C++ (IMHO the best C++ book for intermediate and advanced developers, and this book is free)
    Effective C++ (this is only for advanced C++ developers)

Here you can find the most important topics for C++:
    http://qt.nokia.com/learning/certification/exams/preparation-prerequisites/qt-curriculum/core-cpp-for-qt-developers

• @broadpeak: thanx for sharing this..

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.