QTreeView drag & drop issue

• Hi

I use QTreeView+QStandardItemModel to create multi column tree widget, with Qt 4.7 libs.

The [Company] column has items that behave as parent in order to create a group of companies under a particular city.

@
    Columns:
    Company |Website |Phone

+City X
    --Company A|exampleA.com|phone A
    --Company B|exampleB.com|phone B
    --Company C|exampleC.com|phone C
    +City Y
    --Company D|exampleD.com|phone D
    --Company E|exampleE.com|phone E
    --Company F|exampleF.com|phone F
    @

The default drop action is MoveAction. I want to drag row from one group to another, say to move Company F into City X group.

When I drag [Company F] item it can as well be dropped in [Phone B] item in group City X. This action moves the row to another group but it is shifted on the right, [Company F] item starts in the [Phone] column.

To avoid this I set setDragEnabled(false) and setDropEnabled(false) to all items except those in the first column [Company];

Again it is allowed to drop/move [Company] item into [Phone] column of another row.

Any suggestions?

[EDIT: code formatting for ASCII art, Volker]

• Any opinions whether this is a bug?

• No, it's not a bug. Per default you can drag any item and drop it anywhere. My experience taught me to handle the drag and drop stuff manually, and not rely on the built-in methods, if you have constraints on where a drop can occur.

• [quote author="Volker" date="1328914895"]No, it's not a bug. Per default you can drag any item and drop it anywhere. [/quote]

What's the use of QStandardItem::setDropEnabled then? When this is set to false the item still accepts drops.

• [quote author="Marcus Frenkel" date="1328951033"]
    What's the use of QStandardItem::setDropEnabled then? When this is set to false the item still accepts drops.[/quote]

Sorry, I don't know that. We never used the standard item models in our projects together with DnD.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.